First, we release Guru versions almost monthly. They typically contain bug fixes or small enhancements.
At the same time, we’ve been working super hard on Guru for Joomla 3.x. This is not a small task.
What we've been working on:
- Converting the code to Joomla 3.x (It’s very different to 2.5 code.)
- Bootstrap the front-end as well as the back-end. Every single file will need to be modified.
- Adding responsive design so that your students can take and buy your courses on their mobile devices. This is also a mighty big task!
In addition, we are also working on a brand new backend interface. You can see some screenshots below.
This new backend is going to be fantastic!
- The navigation now goes across the top, providing much easier access to all the pages.
- You’re getting a brand new cPanel with important stats and easy access to important pages, plus latest activities.
- Wider managers. Now that we’ve moved the navigation to the top, there’s a lot more space to work with. We will be adding more columns to our managers, making them even more useful.
The Testing Process
We’ll be re-vamping our testing process based on the same methodology I described on the JomSocial blog. This is an absolute must when it comes to big applications like Guru and JomSocial. We want to give you an application that’s rock-steady stable.
We aim to release Guru for Joomla 3.x within two months. This could change if we find lots of bugs or responsive design issues but that’s how it’s looking at the moment.
Thank you for your patience while you wait for a new and much-improved Guru.
Comments or questions? I'd love to hear it! Post them below...